Friday, February 10, 2012

ONE MORE TRY...MAYBE

I’m BACK….well sort of.  It has been a little over year since I created this blog and I think I might have post 2-3 times at the most, the last one being right at a year ago.  Most people would have looked at these numbers and realized they are obviously not a blogger and move on to something else, but not me.  Nope, here I am once again trying to become a “blogger” WHY??? Well for one, I love blogs and read them every day! And two, I want to find a way to really keep a record of my children and our family.  They are growing up so fast I want to capture as much of their story as I can.  Sadly I haven’t done a great job of accomplishing this so far but a girl can change…right?   

The truth is ever since I created this blog I have wanted to contribute to it in so many ways but just never did.  I thought about it all the time and would have the intention of actually posting a picture or sweet conversation I got to experience with my children but sadly good intentions are never enough.  For one reason or another I just didn’t do it and now here we are another year of no memories being kept or posted in anyway.  Don’t get me wrong…I take photos and post funny things my kids say on facebook but I’d really like to do more, share more, save more and keep more.    

Before I became a mother, I wrote all the time in a journal.  It was my way to release things I needed to release and hold on to the things I needed to hold on too, but that practice slowed down after my son was born and then stopped all together once my daughter arrived (sorry Levi and Layla but I’ll be pretty much guessing on most things related to your toddler days).  There was just no time most days, and when there was…there was no energy or brain cells left to even form a sentence, much less a journal entry.  So while we lived life each and every day…I did very little to record it. And I’ve decided that’s ok.  I am beyond blessed that I got to experience those years in the first place and...well that just has to be enough, because honestly, it was! 

BUT here we are, 7 ½ years later and I’m finally in a place where I feel like I can maybe manage this “record keeping” a little more and would ultimately love for it to become a natural part of my life, not only for myself but for my children.  Do I have more time? Nope, if anything I have less.  I currently work a full time (sometimes) demanding job, on top of trying to be a wife, mother, chauffeur, house keeper, cook, etc.  Life is busier now than ever before and I honestly I only expect it to get busier as the years go by.  Do I have more energy? Not even close! I rarely sleep like a normal person so I’m tried every single day of my life! But I’ve decided I will no longer allow myself to make excuses. Life is busy for everyone and in reality, most people I know don’t sleep like normal people either!

SO here I am (I hope).  I’m not going to guarantee this will work out, although I realize that’s major mistake according to 7 Habits of Highly Successful People but who cares.  I’ve come to embrace the fact that when it comes to stuff like this, I’m not a “make it work not matter the cost” kind of girl and tend to fall into the “maybe I'll try and see” category.  I suppose that’s why I’m not highly successful, but honestly, I’m totally cool with that.   I’m just finally in place where I think I can make it work, and...well that’s all it takes to make me want to try. So this is me attempting once again to enter the world of blogging…maybe I'll find a home here, maybe I won't, but I know that I'm blessed just to have another chance to visit.   HAPPY FRIDAY!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Yay! Yay! So glad you are back!!! :)
    love you friend!

    ReplyDelete